Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

A Ghoulishly Good Pumpkin!


A Happy Halloween to you all!

Wishing you all a ghoulishly good time. 

I am sorry not to have blogged before now but hope I am forgiven as I have been very unwell. I haven't participated on the Bloom True course; didn't get some new projects started, but I have managed to create a few things for All Hallows Eve and hope you enjoy seeing them.

First, here are a couple of Halloween cards. I created them using water- colours and coloured pencils. 




I did create quite a few cards, each one with a different personality, so all members of the family have a unique card.


Carrying on the pumpkin theme, I managed to create a pumpkin for our front door (with a bit of help from my wife). I was inspired by Alisa Burke's painted pumpkins and also an urge to watch Harry Potter. I wanted to create spooky houses, but this has been done a lot so whilst watching the Philosophers Stone this clip gave me some ideas that I could not resist.




After the Pumpkin had been massacred and gesso-ed, I got out the acrylics and some Sharpie pens and got painting. This was the final result.










Hope you like it? The shops were first drawn on paper in order to keep a record of them. I love the character of each shop and am wondering if I could use them in another project. We shall see!

I hope you are having a spooktacular time.

Andy


1 comment:

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness I am sorry that you have been unwell, I do hope you are better now. You must be on half term?
Your pumpkins are really beautiful.