Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

A Splash of Paint

Hi Everyone

As well as seeking out unusual items for the 2013 Scavenger Hunt, I have started painting again. YIPPEE! There is nothing better than to splash a bit of paint around or take a pen to paper.

I thought that you might like a glimpse of some sections of the paintings that now grace the 'Man Cave' (aka the Garage) which is my new messy studio space.



I will start with the paintings that only have a couple of layers so far. Above shows a layer with fluorescent paint. I am rather hesitant to use it that much as it is a powerful colour, but as Flora Bowley said when I took her Bloom True course, be brave!





I have a few ideas where these paintings will be going but that's for another post.

There are also several larger canvases on the go about which I am quite excited. Here are sections of these.





All these paintings have multiple layers and contrast, so now it is up to me to trust my instincts in order to complete them.

I hope you all are having a creative summer?

Back soon.

Andy


2 comments:

alexa said...

oh my, how lovely to have your cave and to be able to work on a number of things at once - you are really deep into layers of things on these canvases. I especially liked that lovely fourth one down ...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Very cool! I've been working on a travel altered book this summer and enjoying it immensely.
Rinda